Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68
Hello again Mike & Ken. I was in the SAC unit with the refueling tankers, I came from Westover AFB (B52 bombers & KC135 tankers). We worked 4 days on & 3 off every week. I usually worked swing shift. We were a small unit as we only had 6 tankers there in support. So there would have been 3 electrician there, one on each shift. The only other electrician I remember was Dan Duran. He came from Minot AFB and he was from North Dakota. Dan is an American Indian. He an I also went to tech school (the 54th) at Chanute. He was a red rope and I was a drag man in the flight marches to and from school. What I remember the most is the empty 55 gallon drums the Thai guards used on the flight line. I think they were the empty A/O drums, but not sure. Somewhere I have a picture of them. I will look.
Hello John Guilbert
I've only heard back from KEN only Twice. I'm still trying to Trade BUDDY LETTERs with Electricians or Crew Chiefs, etc. who WORKED at our TAKHLI 'TRIM PADS' (Esp. Swing Shift) during the Same Years > 1967 - 1968, which you too Served there. So did you also Work on F-105, and EB-66 , F-111's, TRIMMING / TEST ENGINE Electrical Systems @ our TRIM PADS @ NW End ? If so... lets Chat more, compare Notes, & exchange BUDDY LETTERs while WE are both still Alive. > Vikingsss@aol.com U.S. WestCoast
Good Days to ya....
Hello Mike & Ken, I was there October 67 to August 68 when our KC-135 tankers relocated to CCK in Taiwan. I was an electrician. I'm 73, 74 in 2 more months. I suffer with MG and minor prostate cancer. John Guilbert
Mike C. here... Our Tours Over-Lapped > My Tour was OCT '67 - OCT' 68. Have you been in touch with Any Other ELECTRICIANS and/or our Supervisors, any of them still Surviving ? If not, we may be among the Last Living Spark-Chasers on BASE those Years. I deem it crucial we compare Notes and Create "Buddy Letters", Especially our Duty's at the TRIM PADs, IF We were on the SAME SHIFT (SWING SHIFT for me)? Facts like TANKER TRUCKs Color, ODOR we Smelled after Spraying, the Oily substance on Skin, etc. Please consider Contacting me @ 415 SixEightSix 9474 Pacific Time 1PM - 4PM M- Thur is OK, but 6PM - 8 PM is Best for me.. On West Coast. Hope your Treatments are Done & Successful ! Thanks, Mike C.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - DAN MORTENSEN 9/20/2010, 11:03:35
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - John Guilbert 4/27/2021, 15:23:37
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Bob Del soldo 4/27/2021, 8:59:43
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Harry 11/24/2020, 9:36:21
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - T. Wynne 8/18/2020, 12:42:53
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Howard Ernest Jennings 9/30/2017, 15:38:24
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Jim Coyne 2/11/2017, 21:10:56
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Larry 5/4/2016, 17:21:29
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - loya 6/28/2012, 19:26:15
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - J.T. JOHNSTON 9/27/2010, 13:29:49
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Harry D Kasavich 9/24/2010, 10:18:42
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Dave Manzi 9/23/2010, 19:23:20
« Back to index | View thread »