Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1968,1969
I think buddy letters or performance reports are the only way to get that done.
It seems there are many of these approved if you are willing to wait through the appeals process. Read this
Citation Nr: 1729898
Decision Date: 07/27/17 Archive Date: 08/04/17
DOCKET NO. 12-28 077 ) DATE
On appeal from the
Department of Veterans Affairs Regional Office in
1. Entitlement to service connection for type II diabetes mellitus, to include as due to exposure to herbicides.
2. Entitlement to service connection for ischemic heart disease, to include as due to exposure to herbicides.
3. Entitlement to service connection for lung cancer, to include as due to exposure to herbicides.
In March 2017, written correspondence from an archivist at the Air Force Historical Research Agency was provided regarding the Veteran's claim to herbicide exposure and daily morning reports. The archivist stated that in June 1966, the United States Air Force ceased using morning reports, so there were none to document the Veteran's time in Thailand. In addition, the archivist stated that Takhli Air Force Base did not use any herbicides for any vegetation control around its perimeter until April through September 1969, and thus the Veteran could not have incurred herbicide exposure. THEY DID APPROVE THIS APPEAL Google the citation number
I was a augmented and going through the same thing. Seems like they donít have anything on us being augmented.1-573-353-7714.
SSgt assignet as an air police augmentee patrolling the perimeter at Takhli. Now have type 2 diabetes and have had a heatr attack. Any oneremember me? Need hepl from anyone who can confirm I was attached to air police at that time. Main job was parachute rigger. Any hwlp would be appreciated.
I'm in the same boat. Heart disease requiring bypass in 1996. I was detailed as a flightline shuttle driver. Haven't found any proof. I was stationed with 347th AMS, Comm/Nav/ECM shop. My first wife and my oldest son were with me at TakHli, and moved with me to Korat befor returning to the US.
Anyone remember me?
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - DAN MORTENSEN 9/20/2010, 11:03:35
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - John Guilbert 4/27/2021, 15:23:37
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Bob Del soldo 4/27/2021, 8:59:43
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Harry 11/24/2020, 9:36:21
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - T. Wynne 8/18/2020, 12:42:53
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Howard Ernest Jennings 9/30/2017, 15:38:24
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Jim Coyne 2/11/2017, 21:10:56
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Larry 5/4/2016, 17:21:29
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - loya 6/28/2012, 19:26:15
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - J.T. JOHNSTON 9/27/2010, 13:29:49
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Harry D Kasavich 9/24/2010, 10:18:42
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Dave Manzi 9/23/2010, 19:23:20
« Back to index | View thread »