Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1968,1969
I am using an attorney for my VA Claim:
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD https://cck-law.com/
You can contact them via phone or email and I am sure they will advise you of your rights while living overseas. If you decide to sign with them to represent you they will get your claim going for you right away. I think you can do the whole thing from where you are. But check with them first.
My claim has now been sitting at the appeals board for 9 months waiting its turn for assignment to a Veterans Law Judge based on my docket number but it's certainly not from the lack of action on the part of CCK Law, quite the contrary, CCK Law has been very responsive and extremely aggressive with my claim.
Thanks, Rich. I never gave much thought to the connection of AO with my condition until now. I had joined a MG support group but none of the other people made a military connection with it so it never came to me that it was related. Now, I will go through the process. I don't officially live in the USA any more (live in the Caribbean) but I will make every effort to go back and start the process. Thanks so much for your help. Living with MG is difficult and limits your ability to control your muscles and eyes. Sometimes I can't swallow or I get severe cramps after doing physical work functions. Nobody else in my family has had it so It was a total surprise to me. When it first happened my doctors misdiagnosed it and they treated me for a brain tumor. I almost died on the operating table as the oxygen mix was not correct for a person with MG - I later found out once I got a second opinion and the discovery of MG was by a simple blood test. I wanted to sue the hospital who misdiagnosed me but could not find a lawyer who would do it. This message from you has been a blessing.
Thank you for your service.
Check out this VA Presumptive List: http://www.militarydisabilitymadeeasy.com/vapresumptivelist.html
Scroll down to the "Nervous System" section, there you will see that Myasthenia gravis (code 8025) is listed and is rated on the Central Nervous Rating System. The minimum rating for this condition is 30%.
I hope this helps you with your claim.
I was a augmentee as well , worked in the J75 engine shop.could not find any information showing I was a augmented. (sneller0516&hot mail.com)
SSgt assignet as an air police augmentee patrolling the perimeter at Takhli. Now have type 2 diabetes and have had a heatr attack. Any oneremember me? Need hepl from anyone who can confirm I was attached to air police at that time. Main job was parachute rigger. Any hwlp would be appreciated.
I was stationed at Takhli 1967-68 with the KC-135 tankers as an aircraft electrician. I remember seeing the empty drums on the flight line that were used to hold up umbrellas for the guards. I believe they were the empty chemical drums. I now have MG, myastheneis gravis, a muscle disease, since 2016. I don't know if it is related to AO but since reading this thread of comments I will have to check it out.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - DAN MORTENSEN 9/20/2010, 11:03:35
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - John Guilbert 4/27/2021, 15:23:37
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Bob Del soldo 4/27/2021, 8:59:43
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Harry 11/24/2020, 9:36:21
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - T. Wynne 8/18/2020, 12:42:53
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Howard Ernest Jennings 9/30/2017, 15:38:24
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Jim Coyne 2/11/2017, 21:10:56
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Larry 5/4/2016, 17:21:29
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - loya 6/28/2012, 19:26:15
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - J.T. JOHNSTON 9/27/2010, 13:29:49
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Harry D Kasavich 9/24/2010, 10:18:42
- Re: AGENT ORANGE TAKHLI 1967/68 - Dave Manzi 9/23/2010, 19:23:20
« Back to index | View thread »