Re: exposure to agent orange
For Don Jones...Don I was at Takhli from early September through November 1972, when you were there. My duty station was right next door to the 474th (F 111) Wing Headquarters on the flight line. We worked out of an ES 85 mobile film processing facility supporting armament recon for the F 111 missions. I lived in the officer quarters near the perimeter. I used to jog along the perimeter edge every evening. I was TDY out of 12 AF HQ, and met up with my crew the day we flew to Takhli and I'm not in touch with any of them now. I often ate at the Thai restaurant on the base, got to the theater and clubs on the base once in a while. They were still clearing brush when I arrived. Smelled herbicide all the time. I finished my prostate cancer treatment 3 years ago. My military records are sketchy. I'm just starting to put my claim together re. Agent Orange and my cancer.
Have you any pertinent info you can share with me?
Larry you have been more help than any of the VSO's (4) that I have worked with. They each one have said that they needed different records in order to file a claim for me but were no help in finding those records. VSO's are certified to help you find and acquire your military records and to file the appropriate forms for a fully developed claim. The local VA Affairs office has been as much help as they have and I have filed two claims through them.
I am working on another NOD now and have gleaned a lot of info from this website. I appreciate all you have put into helping others with their claims.
I was PCS at Takhli RTAFB from 7/72 through 8/73, and worked in Transportation: 6280 CSG, MAC,366 TFW,49th Gunfighters, saw a lot of personnel TDY's with F105's,F4's,F111's.C130's,KC135's, C123's, Rescue Helicopter Pilots.
Thanks a bunch Larry Donald Jones in NC
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- exposure to agent orange - Donald Jones 11/5/2015, 10:40:04
- Re: exposure to agent orange - Richard Engebretsen 2/15/2019, 21:24:51
- Re: exposure to agent orange - Bill Clark 1/28/2019, 16:18:43
- Re: exposure to agent orange - Doug Whitfield 1/26/2019, 6:32:59
- Re: exposure to agent orange - Mel Bosch 1/23/2019, 12:17:20
- Re: exposure to agent orange - James Nagy 5/6/2018, 21:39:37
- Re: exposure to agent orange - Tom Ryan 9/6/2016, 22:27:39
- Re: exposure to agent orange - Ed O 8/10/2016, 8:18:25
- Re: exposure to agent orange - ED OWENS 8/10/2016, 8:16:14
- Re: exposure to agent orange - jim 2/20/2016, 11:26:58
- Re: exposure to agent orange - Jim Jenkins 11/14/2015, 19:57:31
- Re: exposure to agent orange - Larry 11/12/2015, 18:53:41
- Re: exposure to agent orange - Lou Bousquet 11/5/2015, 15:29:00
« Back to index | View thread »