Re: 49th TFW 1972
Posted by Herm Hebert on 6/23/2022, 6:35:43, in reply to "49th TFW 1972
I was a back-seater TDY from George AFB and you probably helped recover A/C 0980 which, with Maj "Stump" Kahler, I ferried back to Holloman.
I've started a VA claim (usual med issues) but can't prove our in-country flights landed in Vietnam and returned to Takhli. If anyone would be willing to provide a "buddy" letter stating the F-4Ds went there, please let me know via email
Thanks for your service!
I was a crew chief on F4Ds at Holloman AFB when we were sent during Operation Constant Guard III. I was the first wave to recover our planes as they arrived in May 72. The base had been closed down for awhile and it was overgrown with no potable water or food or barracks to sleep. what a cluster f>>k. Stayed five months. The best part was being assigned to Hickam for two weeks recovering our birds as they returned to New Mexico.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- 49th TFW 1972 - Perry G. Hunter 7/28/2009, 17:57:03
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Herm Hebert 6/23/2022, 6:35:43
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Harry Komprood 6/23/2017, 16:00:25
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Craig Bergman 11/29/2016, 12:18:29
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - ryan stephenson 2/22/2016, 7:04:29
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Craig Bergman 10/1/2014, 14:50:50
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - perry hunter 2/13/2012, 22:04:32
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Kevin Jones 9/24/2010, 22:17:14
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Steve Oakland 4/3/2010, 15:28:00
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Walt Melnyk 3/13/2010, 11:01:09
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Ray George 12/23/2009, 18:03:16
« Back to index | View thread »