Re: 49th TFW 1972
I was TDY from Homestead AFB, FL in Apr 72. Stayed until Jul. Sounds like we are all fighting the war again, except it's with the VA, not sappers. They don't take any ”classified orders” as proof of being there. I had to have neck surgery in Jan of this year due to degeneration of four disks, 2017 had part of right lung removed due to 9mm lump found in upper lobe, have HBP, ED, Type II Diabetes and the VA says that it is all non -service connected. We Tahkli Thailand vets need to stick together. I remember Ryan, the white pick up truck and helping him deliver parts and insecticides/herbicides as well as AO to the main shops and sprayers on the perimeter. I'll send some pics if I can get your email. Hang tough but stay frosty my friend. Cy a!
I was with 49 AMS at Holloman and also deployed on the ADVON for recovery. Great folks, big cobras and generally good memories. Paying for them now though with some medical problems. Tough road to go .
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- 49th TFW 1972 - Perry G. Hunter 7/28/2009, 17:57:03
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Herm Hebert 6/23/2022, 6:35:43
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Harry Komprood 6/23/2017, 16:00:25
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Craig Bergman 11/29/2016, 12:18:29
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - ryan stephenson 2/22/2016, 7:04:29
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Craig Bergman 10/1/2014, 14:50:50
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - perry hunter 2/13/2012, 22:04:32
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Kevin Jones 9/24/2010, 22:17:14
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Steve Oakland 4/3/2010, 15:28:00
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Walt Melnyk 3/13/2010, 11:01:09
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Ray George 12/23/2009, 18:03:16
« Back to index | View thread »