Here is the story if you care to read.
I found what turned out to be a complete Borgward Isabella engine with its transmission tucked away under a barn in my small town. Never heard of Borgward till that day. I'm not mechanic by trade but have played with some old engines/ cars before and enjoy them. I figured I turn this into a simple project to see how far I could get.
On disassembly, the engine was completely seized up. There was a squirrels nest on the rocker arms and everything was gummed up good. I have completely disassembled the engine at this point, and after some cleaning everything looks "okay"... bearings arnt burned up, after honing the cylinders they are near perfect, pistons have very little score marks, crankshaft looks good as well.
My current issues are, freeing up those stuck piston rings (will soak in ATF then apply heat), then working on the camshaft and lifters as they did not fare very well.
That is just about it.
Message Thread | This response ↓
« Back to index