Participants from 3 leagues w/ TOP 5 PLACERS TO STATE
(1) KingCo Conference – Bellevue Wolverines, Hazen Highlanders, Interlake Saints, Juanita Ravens,
Lake Washington Kangaroos, Liberty Patriots, Mercer Island Islanders
(2) Greater Spokane League (GSL) – Mead Panthers, University Titans, Mt. Spokane Wildcats, Ferris
Saxons, North Central Wolfpack, Ridgeline Falcons, Cheney Blackhawks
(3) Mid‐Columbia Conference (MCC) – Hermiston Bulldogs, Kennewick Lions, Southridge Suns, Walla Walla
4 Quarter brackets. 3 District/League Champions to separate.
="Region IV Bracket Matrix"
The WIAA does not have a default matrix for 3 unbalanced leagues.
What they do have is a matrix that separates out the different leagues & it contains 6 different configuration options with the 3 league champs separated out and the matrix drawn from there.
District commissioners met together and
(1) They took the 3 champs and ranked their previous STATE experience - the highest returning state experience was #1 placed on bracket line 1
(2) Then they flipped a coin for "2" / "3" between the other district's Champions.
These 2 are both in the opposite half bracket away from #1
(3) The matrix was then used to fill-in the other positions on the 16-man bracket.
(NOTE: KingCo has the least amount of experience, with only Interlake's 106 Jack Clark a returning State participant)
3A Region IV Brackets are on TrackWrestling
Random, Fair, Objective...? let the debate fly!
Entrant # by School
Mt. Spokane 18
Mercer Island 13
Lake Washington 13
Liberty (Issaquah) 8
Walla Walla 7
North Central 6