: Edward Gantt was the rector of St. Barnabas'
: Anglican Church at Leeland (at the south end
: of Church Road, between Bowie and Upper
: Marlboro). He was there for only abut 6
: months, coming in June of 1771, and replaced
: by the fiery Tory rector, Jonathan Boucher,
: before Christmas of that same year.
: St. Barnabas' is a very beautiful building
: (present church built during Boucher's
: tenure, 1774), with a very interesting
: Susan G. Pearl, Historian
: Prince George's County Historical
: --Previous Message--
: Maryland Marriages 1778-1800 pg 171 lists
: Owings, Samuel, 4 Nov, 1779, to Mercy
: Turner, source code "2 PG-3" which
: refers to marriage returns of a Reverend
: Edward Gantt, Prince George's County.
: With which parish or church in PG County
: would Reverend Gantt have been affiliated?
« Back to index
For problems or questions regarding the PGCHS site or message board contact webmaster(at)pghistory.org
For more information about PGCHS, contact info(at)pghistory.org.