Re: Was godfather Tyler Perry behind decision to christen Lilibet at home?
User logged in as Susan T
It depends upon when he was filmed saying that. We know that the docuseries was ready to go before the Queen died. If his bit was filmed before the Jubilee, and the Sussexes could have arranged for a christening at Windsor during that visit, I think either Tyler would have flown over or have been dropped as a godparent.
I don't credit Meghan with long-range detailed planning. She's just not smart enough. But she could have watched the docuseries when it was released on Netflix and had an ahah! moment. The timing works. It should have been possible to book the bishop and find a mutually satisfactory date for him and Perry 10 weeks in advance.
But I suspect the Sussexes would have preferred that the Perry sidebar had not been released now so that it could be dropped later when they needed to steal the spotlight again.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- March 8 - Sussex Thread - Susan T March 8, 2023, 8:55 am
- 'Princess Lilibet Diana' christened in intimate Californian ceremony - Susan T March 8, 2023, 8:59 am
- Was godfather Tyler Perry behind decision to christen Lilibet at home? - Susan T March 8, 2023, 12:20 pm
- Did royals snub Lilibet's christening? - Susan T March 8, 2023, 12:27 pm
- Taz - Hollie24 March 8, 2023, 12:52 pm
- Re: Taz - Susan T March 8, 2023, 1:11 pm
« Back to index | View thread »