Harry's 'concerns' about Saudi billionaire 'did NOT reach Charles'
User logged in as Susan T
Prince Harry's claims he 'raised concerns' about the Saudi billionaire donor at the heart of the 'cash for access' scandal sparked confusion today after royal sources insisted 'no one can remember' it being raised with his father's household.
The Duke of Sussex risked another public rift with the Prince of Wales after he said he had 'severed ties' with Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz a year before Prince Charles presented the controversial billionaire with a CBE.
Harry has not said who he raised his reservations with but Clarence House insiders have reportedly said it wasn't with them. One source told the Telegraph: 'No one can remember that here'. A second source close to Prince Charles claimed there had been no talks between the two royal households about Mr Mahfouz.
There are regular meetings between the private secretaries of royal households where concerns can be raised. But private discussions between Harry and Charles would not be recorded.
Link: Daily Mail
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- December 4 - Sussex Thread - Susan T December 3, 2021, 5:26 pm
- Ministers consider a law for free speech after Sussex ruling - Susan T December 3, 2021, 5:27 pm
- Why Catherine Cried - Susan T December 3, 2021, 10:14 pm
- Sarah Vine: An insight into the difference between the brothers - Martha December 5, 2021, 9:30 am
- Harry's swipe at Charles' Saudi donor - Susan T December 5, 2021, 6:21 pm
- Harry says quitting work can be good for your mental health - Susan T December 6, 2021, 10:08 am
- HG Tudor - Susan T December 6, 2021, 10:37 am
- Not HG Tudor,but still fun. - Hollie24 December 6, 2021, 5:02 pm
« Back to index | View thread »