Re: Robert Lacey on whether the Sussex kids will be HRH
User logged in as jessie
I agree that the York princesses should not lose their titles, however, I think the future Charles III may simply want to avoid anymore controvesy. It does make sense that the York Princesses get the same treatment as the Wessex children. And by all accounts it is something Charles has wanted to do for a long time. It was reported in the 90s and early 2000's he wanted to strip the York princesses but their father heavily protested to HM who has not budged on the LP issue or slimming down the royal family.
At the same time, if Charles is around 77/78 before he assumes the throne and this is very possible as HM could reach the late Queen Mother's age, there will be a huge gap in royals performing duties. It is expected that HM's cousins may retire at this point once HM has passed and the Cambridge children will not be of age to perform full time royal duties. In fact it may be some time before we see the Cambridge children performing duties, as their father wited a long time before he became a full time working royal.
So this does mean there will have to be one or two royals to step up to the plate and be full time royals, as I cannot see the Wessexes, Princess Anne, and the Cambridges taking on all of the patronages and responsibilities of HM's cousins and I can see some of the patronages crying foul if they lose a royal as their patron, due to the loss of publicity etc from having a royal as their patron.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- June 20 - Sussex thread - Susan T June 20, 2021, 11:45 am
- Harry's wife plugs her book - Susan T June 20, 2021, 11:46 am
- Harry 'agreed to do Oprah interview 24 hours after Queen stripped him of his military titles - Susan T June 20, 2021, 8:08 pm
- Robert Lacey on whether the Sussex kids will be HRH - Susan T June 21, 2021, 7:12 am
- Sussexes confirm they bought ‘Lilibet Diana’ domain before Queen’s approval - Roy June 21, 2021, 6:43 pm
- Taz has something to say - Hollie24 June 21, 2021, 8:50 pm
« Back to index | View thread »