Re: Active service
User logged in as jessie
I am really surprised the UK does not have a retiree military type of uniform as the American services has. That is a matter for the UK MOD of course.
But I think HM is simply putting the monarchy first. The monarchy will always come first here and the public has been commenting on the Duke of York wearing his uniform, with everything concerning him, plus I am sure HM and her advisors do not want to give the Sussexes any more additional ammo they can go on live television and whine about.
The focus should be on remembering Prince Philip and the palace would want the dialogue focused on the funeral and not on the Duke of York and the Duke of Sussex complaining and/or whining.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- April 9 - Sussex Thread - Susan T April 9, 2021, 8:24 am
- Will Harry go back to the UK? - Susan T April 9, 2021, 8:29 am
- He's back - Susan T April 11, 2021, 5:49 pm
- Go on Oprah? It's madness! No good will come of it - Susan T April 11, 2021, 5:57 pm
- William and Harry issue statements - Hollie24 April 12, 2021, 12:49 pm
- "Friends" reveal the reason Meghan stayed home - Susan T April 12, 2021, 1:21 pm
- The Queen 'understands' why Meghan hasn't returned for Philip's funeral. - Susan T April 13, 2021, 5:38 pm
- Now NONE of the Royals will be in uniform at Philip's funeral to spare Harry and Andrew's blushes - Susan T April 14, 2021, 5:46 pm
- Meghan Markle told to 'be quiet' after 'unbelievable' offer of forgiveness to Royal Family - Sternchen April 15, 2021, 12:31 pm
- Stupid article of the day - Kendra April 15, 2021, 1:32 pm
« Back to index | View thread »