Go on Oprah? It's madness! No good will come of it
User logged in as Susan T
Prince Philip thought Harry and Meghan's interview with Oprah Winfrey was 'madness' and 'no good would come of it', it has emerged.
He also regretted his grandson's decision to quit royal duties and move to the US and said it was 'not the right thing, either for the country or for themselves'.
Ultimately, however, he accepted it and said: 'It's his life.'
Insights into Philip's thoughts on the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's decision and the deeply acrimonious fall-out as a result of it have been aired by his impeccably connected biographer, Gyles Brandreth in today's Daily Mail.
His account comes as royal sources reacted angrily to the suggestion the Duke of Edinburgh would have been 'unbothered' by recent events. And one insider told the Mail they believed the schism created by the couple would take a 'lifetime' to heal.
Link: Daily Mail
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- April 9 - Sussex Thread - Susan T April 9, 2021, 8:24 am
- Will Harry go back to the UK? - Susan T April 9, 2021, 8:29 am
- He's back - Susan T April 11, 2021, 5:49 pm
- Go on Oprah? It's madness! No good will come of it - Susan T April 11, 2021, 5:57 pm
- William and Harry issue statements - Hollie24 April 12, 2021, 12:49 pm
- "Friends" reveal the reason Meghan stayed home - Susan T April 12, 2021, 1:21 pm
- The Queen 'understands' why Meghan hasn't returned for Philip's funeral. - Susan T April 13, 2021, 5:38 pm
- Now NONE of the Royals will be in uniform at Philip's funeral to spare Harry and Andrew's blushes - Susan T April 14, 2021, 5:46 pm
- Meghan Markle told to 'be quiet' after 'unbelievable' offer of forgiveness to Royal Family - Sternchen April 15, 2021, 12:31 pm
- Stupid article of the day - Kendra April 15, 2021, 1:32 pm
« Back to index | View thread »