British Vogue editor Edward Enninful denies criticism of Meghan Markle was racist
User logged in as Susan T
Edward Enninful has denied criticism of Meghan Markle was racist as he suggested it 'took a minute' for the Duchess to 'understand the rules' of the royal institution.
The editor-in-chief of British Vogue, 47, and the Duchess of Sussex, 39, collaborated on September 2019's special 'Forces for Change' edition, which featured a grid of 15 'incredible' women on the cover with articles commissioned by the royal inside.
Speaking in an interview with Sky News, Edward said he wouldn't put criticism of the royal 'down to racism', explaining: 'The Duchess of Sussex is a brave woman. I feel that it wasn't. Parts of it were probably racism, but it was more of an institution.'
He added that while criticism was 'harsh', he 'wouldn't just blame it on racism', saying: 'She walked into an institution and everyone expected her to know the rules. And I think sometimes it takes a minute to understand the rules.'
Edward went on to say: 'She did get a very unfair treatment, I thought.'
Actually, people expected her to learn the rules. But she wasn't interested in learning them, she wanted to change them.
Link: Daily Mail
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- August 1 - Sussex thread - Susan T August 1, 2020, 6:59 pm
- Queen scolded Harry for using bad language towards her closest aide - Susan T August 1, 2020, 7:02 pm
- Thomas Markle has 'given up on Meghan and Harry completely' - Susan T August 1, 2020, 7:20 pm
- Meghan's gift to Catherine - Martha August 2, 2020, 12:01 pm
- Australian beauty queen who appeared on Deal or No Deal with Meghan Markle - Sternchen August 3, 2020, 4:03 pm
- Royal Website changes - Susan T August 3, 2020, 6:32 pm
- British Vogue editor Edward Enninful denies criticism of Meghan Markle was racist - Susan T August 4, 2020, 10:15 am
- Meghan's birthday - Kendra August 4, 2020, 6:03 pm
- The Duchess wins court fight to stop five friends who spoke to magazine being named - Karen August 5, 2020, 6:10 am
- Harry resents William being seen as the sensible one - Martha August 5, 2020, 12:23 pm
« Back to index | View thread »