nice win, Stroud, Jones, and Tsahonis in face gear not all at full strength, but at least enough bodies
1) next to Turner, & Pasterdick, Les is next up on coaches that one loves to dislike. He just looks classier when he moans and groans.
2) thought we got out-coached, and still won. were not prepared for the pump-fakes, and that was partly why AT played little first half without a rebound. the first play Jones in the pop-corn machine and foul to start. maybe it was imparted before-hand, jsut frurstrating the amount of times we got suckered for those.
2) we out-rebounded, but there's still work to be done, perimeter guys can't get lazy on block-outs and just watch AT & LT do their thing. Davis blocks out really well and held their own early.
3) why oh why will we not let AT loose to at least attempt a couple of 3s. It's WIDE OPEN, can he not hit the shot. I'm not talking about jacking up 5-6 a game. give it a go! imagine if he takes 2 to 3, and hits one or two, it would have a huge impact on how teams play us
4) need a bit less telegraphing on inside entry passes. guys have to be better aware. I get we are going in to LT or Stroud or AT. just the opponent knows it. have to cut down 2-3 tunnel vision TOs, especially we had a few 2nd half
5) shot FTs well. anyone notice over last month how LT has gone from a Mason to a smooth reliable FT shooter? combined with his better shot selection, he's that much more efficient and teams can't hack without retribution like they could earlier
6) Tsahnonis. Nice plays late, the open court shots and jumpers. NIce pass to Tone, albeit I think he still waited too long to get rid of the ball. Just give it up to get it back. I say that like a drum-beat. Don't beg for the ball, don't hold it like AAU with two guys draped on you. The staff needs to beat in to the guy that less is more.
7) god, I hate the hold the ball and play not to lose.
8) more AT handling the ball, more AT shooting, more AT for everything, except fouls. he makes everyone better, even though like Tone a few times he can force a bit into traffic.
9) defense for stretches was poor, mostly just getting schooled from pump-fakes and slow to switches. Game felt a bit like we survived more than shut them down, the refs were kind to us on a few today.
6-4, and good position to go after the top tier. 1st win vs. a Big West team with a winning record! The D is gonna have to be even better.
10) won last two games despite JOnes not 100%, and Jones outside shot def not 100%. same for Rotegaard today, although he had one nice 3, he still needs to learn to know when he is actually squared up, he makes the shots he's squared up, not those quick pull-ups just cause he's open. Rootegaard's defense has improved, maybe more than anyone on the team.
« Back to index