2) vs. Cal Baptist, Tone looked like he might be another Bibbs type passer. he has 1 assist and 8 turnovers, his main contribution was penetration, which he did great all week. still he tries to pass too often as a bail-out option. Not sure what we do when Murray comes back, I would try to keep the offense more spread, put the ball in ATs hands more like we were FORCED to do this week, and FORCED to spread last year cause we were smaller. lol, jeez, why does it take being forced into a situation for this staff to learn how to play 2022 basketball of spreading the floor, vs. Murray dribbling into traffic for half the game, which I suspect we'll revert to later thi syear when he's back.
3) AT. wow, what a week. AT overall is our best player, this week showed to GET THE F'N BALL IN HIS hands, which I've been saying all year. But the floor has to be spread to do so, which is often contradicted by CDM's offense to post LT low or have Murray hold the ball. revise the offense more, 4s can't guard AT from the FT line, and if they put a shorter guy on him, post him up. frankly we should give him the ball until the other team can stop him. he's BY FAR the most efficient scorer. he has a 115 attempts, and 176 points, that's 1.5 ratio, nobody else on the team is even remotely close. he did miss some FTs early unfortunately that we really needed.
4) Stroud. He's getting stronger. However, will someone on the coaching staff if we are going to have him play point on press tell him to not go for the pass fakes, the press was not effective cause he never was able to consumate a trap cause he jumps every single frggn time - he's wingy enough for the press not to need to do that, he's got to move his feet and stop going for the fake passes. these guys need to trap quicker - otherwise why do it.
6) Hawaii just drove to the bucket and drew fouls, end of game, our bugaboo came back not being able to guard. Hawaii was difficult, we did it in the first half, but 2nd half, maybe the legs, but we simply could not guard.
7) Murray is not a 1st team Big West player this year, maybe not 2nd team, so run the team that way. CDM is correct, they have to defend, but also they still do not know how to press & trap. maybe they'll get there.
« Back to index