2) AT god bless his motor, if only he could pick a couple moments to not be so aggressive, cause the fouls limit his court time each game, but then his aggressive play is what makes him great, couple ticky-tack fouls I thought
3) AJ - stood out - composed, can post him, had a few of those soft 'feathery' 8-10 foot jumpers. in fact both he and Jones had great open looks inside 15 feet. IMO, just can be a better dimension than Tsahonis, and think Tsahonis may be a guy to come off the bench when he returns
6) Rootegaard, good to see him hit some 3s, but then he passed up two good open looks (to pass to his credit), but took one quick too far outside bone-head 3. definitely added some nice passes, but can struggle to keep in front of his man
7) why did we not press/trap some over last 6 mintes, that had worked well ? just was head-scratching,
8) big issue is we can't stop penetration well and guys turning the corner around our bigs, our hedges from Stroud/LT/Polynic are not good - we got burned over and over on penetration - against North not as big a deal, but the main issue over last year is we can't defend one on one, other than AT & Jones. not sure an answer, the bigs should improve and we'll gone zone some.
9) NOrth was not good, again we had a 19 point lead, and then got stale as it got chipped away once again.
Irvine is winnable, just don't know with the miscues this group displays
« Back to index