1. You have to remember the time when teams like S Florida would just smash mouth the ball down the field on the Spartans. The Spartans just could never get off the field. They would stop the opponent on 1st, and 2nd downs but would always (or almost always) give it up on 3rd down. How frustrating was that!!!
2. Now I don't know if S Florida is the team that they are thought to be, i.e. 19th in the country, but if they are then I like what our defense did on Saturday. The had a 4th and 1 stop, too bad they gave up the 4th and goal for a touchdown. That could have turned the game. However, they made 3 great stops just before.
3. I have confidence that the coaches will eventually get it straightened out. Odum made the changes on D to turn the game around. It's Sowder, and Brennan that didn't adjust on the offensive side.
4. The biggest mistake I see is that Brennan did not give Montel Aaron the ball to begin momentum was already lost, and as we saw Josh Love could not get it back. He made some good plays, and not all of it was his fault, but the second interception was, he threw to the outside instead of hitting the receiver that was going to the post. The defensive back got a hand on the ball and his teammate made the pick.
5. Montel Aaron has to lean that you don't throw an arching down field pass when the safety is playing the outfield. The ball dropped into the receiver's bread basket but the safety demolished him.
6. Once he learns to make that throw on a "rope" (he has the arm) then we'll have a great QB.
7. I know Ryan Johnson is chomping at the bit. I really believe that he is the future. It will be a battle between Ryan and Montel. It's great that Terrell Carter is there to push them both, and who knows Terrell may take the helm. This kid can toss the ball!
Overall, I give the team a passing grade. Although, I expect they don't feel that they passed and that's the way it should be.