1. Tre Walker--this kid has speed, although I think we already have a good receiving corps, Tre will add some competition.
2. Jerrell Alberty--reminds me of Donnell Pumpfrey, as much as I hate to remember what Donnell did to SJSU.
3. Tyler Nevens--Tyler and Jerrell could the best one-two punch in the MWC, mark my words. With the caveat that B-dub assembles a competent OL.
4. Jamaar Hardy, Brando Phillips, Jackson Parks--first I have to say that Jackson Parks should be a DE. All these young men have a motor, something that's been missing on the DL for a long time. However, I do have to give Bryson Bridges, and Owen Roberts some props, they showed they can be tough in the middle.
5. Ryan Johnson, Terrell Carter--at first I thought why recruit 2 QBs. I think Sam Allen could take over and Montel Aaron should be given a chance. Now, I really like the two young men that will compete for QB. Especially Ryan Johnson because of his size, arm strength. However, Terrell has just as strong an arm. Fans want the O to throw down field? Both the kids can do that.
6. Antwaun Ayres--I extolled the speed of Tre Walker, well Antwaun is Tre Walker with size. I think these two young men will be ready to take over for Tre Hartley and the rest of the WRs.
7. All the rest--I know every new recruit can and some will make a big contribution to the team. The above are my choices that will make the biggest impact. I hope my predictions pan out, and that the rest will prove me wrong.
Again, an optimistic Spartan fan because if all else fails I believe that B-dub will be able motivate some wins by making the team believe. That is what was lacking in RC. Although, I have to give RC credit. He was able to leave B-dud with capable players.
Conclusion: "next year may be a good year for SJUS football!"
« Back to index