1: Don't waste a season for Tyler Winston at safety--keep him at WR and continue to develop his route running skills. Instead move Ahkeem King and Sean Linton fro CB to S. Think about it. Aheeem 6'3" 214 lbs and has speed. Think about TE and RB running into big safety like him. The same goes for Sean 6'1", 198. If they can tackle well that would be a better move.
2. Don't waste Brandon Monroe at S, put him a RB. Next season he'll be 6'1" and 210lbs (maybe). He could be a 1000yd RB easy.
3. If Ryan Harper wants playing time he sould gain 20lbs and become a LB. With his speed he may become another Keith Smith.
4. Moving David Catalano to OT was a good move. He has the size but maybe not the mean streak to be a DT. He has the size to be a good one if he wants to.
5. The DL seems to be developing little-by-little.
The Spartans are getting to the size and strength need for a D1 program. We'll be hearing a lot from Michael Okoroike, Chris Gonzales, Keenan Sykes and Nico Aimonetti next year when they have a year to mature in strength. I hope that Christian Hill, Frenando Valezuela and Adrian Blake will come around quickly.
6. Can anyone tell me why Jake Wilson isn't on the team any longer. He has the speed and hands to be a great WR.
Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.
« Back to index