Re: Column | Frenzied, raucous BYU crowd sets tone for future By Scott Krieger Archived Message
Posted by Millbrae Don on 3/24/2011, 3:12 pm, in reply to "Column | Frenzied, raucous BYU crowd sets tone for future By Scott Krieger "
The article is one person's opinion To their credit apparently, many Gonzaga readers of the article responded indicating the article was off base. |
That said, Abeille, get ready for BYU folks to see the full impact of Gonzaga "fan" arrogance.
The article suggests homophobic remarks and other bad behaviour by BYU folks towards Gonzaga players. Ask most any St. Mary's or USF fan about what has been said to their players at the Kennel. Presumably, though to be fair I cannot speak from personal knowledge, players of the rest of the league have been treated similarly.
Then there is the issue of Gonzaga "fans" actions at the WCC Tournaments. Anyone present observed the Zag folks (not all, obviously, but a significant enough group that could be clearly heard)booing and making less than gracious remarks towards the USF and SMC dance squads.
At the 2010 WCC tournament my son and I were also threatened by a Zag fan and another Zag fan a couple seats over did in fact attempt to swing on another "older" USF gentleman whose guest stepped in the way to defuse the situation.
Most Zag fans are like the rest of us-we want our team to win the right way and we will argue /complain about the refs calls. Unfortunately past Zag success has brought aboard a significant group who believe they are above everyone else and who behave like neanderthals (no disrespect to neanderthals intended). They are classless!
This article is timely, because with the addition of BYU, Gonzaga is no longer going to be the largest group at WCC Tournaments and they are not going to like that fact. Add to that, the league is getting much more competitive so their dominance is likely a thing of the past. Should be an interesting next few years. I would expect some "implosions" at next year's WCC Tournament.
- Is this typical WCC reporting? - Abeille 3/24/2011, 11:38 am
- Re: Is this typical WCC reporting? - DonsPride 3/24/2011, 11:47 am
- Re: Is this typical WCC reporting? - Former Yell Leader 3/24/2011, 12:01 pm
- Re: Is this typical WCC reporting? - mookie76 3/24/2011, 12:02 pm
- Re: Is this typical WCC reporting? - a random guy 3/24/2011, 12:08 pm
- Re: Is this typical WCC reporting? - Abeille 3/24/2011, 12:19 pm
- Re: Is this typical WCC reporting? - oldoldman 3/24/2011, 12:33 pm
- AMAZING! - Abeille 3/24/2011, 2:02 pm
- Column | Frenzied, raucous BYU crowd sets tone for future By Scott Krieger - DonsPride 3/24/2011, 2:19 pm
- Re: Is this typical WCC reporting? - newbie 3/24/2011, 3:11 pm
- thanks guys for the kind comments. - BYU fan 3/24/2011, 3:12 pm