[ Post a Response | Takhli Message Board ]
Takhli RTAFB - Land of the King Cobra
Re: flight to thailand
I flew out of Tacoma, Washington for Thailand. Was given a boarding pass for Nam by mistake. (Original orders were suppose to be Nam according to the twixt telling that orders were on the way) Orders were for Thailand when I received them.) Orders for Thailand had wrong APO number and I ended up at Udorn, last two numbers were switched around. Ended up at Takhli where the 355th was. Trying to get VA benefits and they want me to prove I was in Nam for a few days. I can not locate my paperwork from the military hops I took to get to Thailand. I was several days late signing in at Takhli and my commander laughed when I showed him my papers. How can I find copies of the boarding passes? I was the only passenger on the plane going to Thailand from Washington.
Also, I was housed in the NCO quarters since I was promoted to E5 and the VA wants me to prove that because of agent orange benefits.
Any advice on how to get the proof I need would be appreciated. Tim Wolfe Takhli 1969-1970.
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- flight to thailand - lou grosskop 9/10/2009, 13:06:22
- Re: flight to thailand - Michael Woerner 2/11/2018, 12:11:50
- Re: flight to thailand - George Walowicz 10/3/2016, 13:27:58
- Re: flight to thailand - Ssgt Melton Pulaski Belle 3/31/2015, 19:35:36
- Re: flight to thailand - Tom Heimler 2/5/2010, 9:24:51
- Re: flight to thailand - doug crane 7/17/2018, 3:42:34
- Re: flight to thailand Voucher - Bruce Felicki 9/2/2017, 18:16:20
- Re: flight to thailand - Heather Gilbert 8/23/2016, 18:41:47
- Re: flight to thailand - Glenda 2/20/2016, 16:30:23
- Re: flight to thailand - Ssgt Melton Pulaski Belle 4/15/2015, 14:48:44
- Re: flight to thailand - Chuck Perry 10/10/2012, 20:57:04
- Re: flight to thailand - Chuck Perry 10/10/2012, 20:51:53
- Re: flight to thailand - Tim Wolfe 3/9/2016, 10:24:11
- Re: flight to thailand - Chuck Perry 8/21/2012, 16:47:10
- Re: flight to thailand - lou grosskop 2/6/2010, 14:37:30
« Back to index | View thread »
Thanks for visiting the Takhli Message Board. Please check back often for responses and new messages.
Return to Takhli Website main menu