Re: 49th TFW 1972
I also was with the 9th of the 49th. Crew chief on f4s. It was almost like a camping trip at first. No water, lights, plumbing, but we did have screens on some of the doors and windows. Snakes, humidity, rain, rice bugs, nights on the town. Unforgettable!
There was no such thing as light starch from the laundry, I remember standing my pants up in a corner after I retrieved them from the cleaners. Hooch girls pounding our clothes on cement, and local beer was a daily thing. Did I mention snakes?
Really big snakes!!
Message Thread | This response ↓|
- 49th TFW 1972 - Perry G. Hunter 7/28/2009, 17:57:03
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Harry Komprood 6/23/2017, 16:00:25
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Craig Bergman 11/29/2016, 12:18:29
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - ryan stephenson 2/22/2016, 7:04:29
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Craig Bergman 10/1/2014, 14:50:50
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - perry hunter 2/13/2012, 22:04:32
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Kevin Jones 9/24/2010, 22:17:14
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Steve Oakland 4/3/2010, 15:28:00
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Walt Melnyk 3/13/2010, 11:01:09
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Craig Bergman 6/20/2017, 23:39:04
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Bill Cody 1/7/2011, 3:15:18
- Re: 49th TFW 1972 - Ray George 12/23/2009, 18:03:16
« Back to index | View thread »