[ Post a Response | RRHX - Michigan Railroad History ]
Correct, between the NYC_Dave and DaveO
Posted by aghudley on 11/22/2016, 10:49 am, in reply to "Re: Hint 4: "
It is where the M&NE River Branch crossed Portage Creek Road. A station at Resort near the north-east corner of Lake Margrethe was about two and a half miles east. A station at Riverview just across the Manistee River, about a half mile west of the road crossing. The square "fields" south of the Portage Creek Road crossing are military shooting ranges. There are several more nearby. They often serenade us at our cabin a few miles southwest.
The River Branch was extended from Sigma, about 8 miles further west, to Grayling, about 8 miles further east, in 1910 and lasted until 1925. Te last two and a half miles on the Grayling end were leased to the MC to support the branch into Rasmus (Camp Grayling).
Thanks for playing. Crossing east of Riverview
Hosted for FREE by Boardhost.
Create your own free message board!