The 13th Michigan Railroad History Conference will be in Lansing on October 17th. We have and exciting slate of speakers for this year’s conference:
1. Keynote Speaker: Larry Baggerly: "New York Central-Revisited--in Detroit"
2. Chuck Geletzke: "We Need These Cars Tonight! ...and Several Close Calls!"
3. Peter Becker: “The History About the First Grand Trunk Coach No. 112 and Its Survival"
4. Ford H. Cotton, Jr.: "Rail Service through Alden - - from the Chicago & West Michigan to the Pere Marquette to the C&O then on into History"
5. Nathan Holth: "Best Kept Secrets of Michigan's Historic Railroad Bridges"
6. Kevin Keefe: “Thoroughbreds of the Pere Marquette"
7. Joe Mishler: "The Flint to Holly Railroad"
8. Norm Krentel: "Riding the Interurban to Lansing"
9. Mark C. Worrall: "Copper, Cords & Cabbage…The Story of the Mineral Range South Range Branch"
We’ll also have two field trips both on the Michigan Railway and led by interurban expert Norm Krentel. One will follow the Michigan Railway from Lansing to St Johns and the other will follow the Michigan Railway branch to Owosso.
Please email me for a flyer at markxworrall @ hotmail.com (type in without spaces).
Look forward to seeing you at the conference!