I'm glad you've vented. I don't have much of a response, but a couple things -
1. If you don't want to see the negativity anymore, don't read here.
2. Remember when you buy a ticket and go to a show of the current KT, you are putting money into MM's pocket. Do you want to do that? OK if you do. I don't, so I'll never be going.
3. The stress level - physical and emotional - is high for a touring group like this, and would be without all the drama revolving around this new KT. That may explain some of the current drama. Just saying.
Hi Folks, Tomm Rivers here. Some of you know me, some of you don't. That may be a good thing...who knows. Anyway, this little message I'll title F.Y.I. and leave it at that.
I've had the good fortune and privilege to know "debobwan" Shane for quite some time, and by the grace of God, a strong friendship developed. Then an opportunity to work for him, and Nick Heyl during the TRIOS' 25th Anniversary Tour, and to market the double LP package that was recorded and marketed via TV sales.
I'm telling you this not to be redundant, but to give some credit to what I'm about to lay out here.
1. The other night I read here that Josh was returning to the KT
2. NOT TRUE! Not for some time I've been told. If at all.
3. There seems to be a "restraining order" in place for the moment keeping Mr. R. a certain distance away from Mr. M.
4. For all I know, it could have resulted in a "playful" tap to Mr. M's head. Possible slight concussion? Don't know? Don't care! Kids should be more careful when they play with their friends. Law enforcement had to be called, long story etc;
5. The "dueling" website thing...well that's just a bullshit kid thing again with web domain site addresses. As I shake "my" head and wonder, how the hell is the "BRAND" supposed to survive all this "infantile" bullshit?
It makes NO difference to me what "strife" goes on internally, but it just causes confusion to the "fanbase" if there is one left. There must be, they're being booked. But here's "MY" theory. The KT "fanbase" just wants to see "stripe shirts", "hear the hits" & see a banjo". Call me crazy, but all my research on that demo (having my own podcast helps) tells me that there will even come a time, (soon) when "Scotch & Soda" becomes an audience participation sing along in Bobs' honor. The song Sinatra said HE couldn't cover!
6. Josh & Mike - Get over it! Either you're up to the task of doing this as "PROS", or get OUT! You leased the name. Now wake up! If you can't "play or sing" up to it, find people who can! Pay them!
Do you need a pay check that bad? The "BRAND" deserves it!
7. I'm tired of the crap I see written here, and on Crossroads. What's done is done. I'm just as much as a die hard fan as you folks but come on! If these cats can't sing & play with the big boys, they should move aside and hire somebody else. They have the lease. Let's see, David Peel comes to mind (if he wanted to do it - and he's getting old) hell, there's lots of talent out there. When I was living in Wisconsin, I saw a TRIO knock off group that worked weekends, and they were TIGHT! Fast, Funny and just damn good.
8. To the guys, Mike, Tim & Bobby...I'm NOT your enemy, REALLY! My friendship, loyalty and love for Bob Shane as a man, of honor & a man of God given talent will always come first. He's "special".
I'll be at this Sundays show in San Antonio, and the first person I'll shake hands with and hug will be my pal Bob Haworth.
Bobby's a Pro's Pro! He was always there for Bob when Bob needed him.
My son Adam, Bob and a friend from my church will have dinner and a couple of adult beverages and talk. Then I'll post again, with Bobbys' permission, any news of what's goin' down.
9. I'll post a set list, and being a mediocre player myself, I'll let you know how the boys play & sound. If I see Paul roll his eyes I'll know someones out of tempo. No punches pulled. Hey, I have nothing to lose, right?
10. Finally, I know many people connected with the TRIO from years past. Things do get back to me, through business connections and old friends of Bobs and of Nick Heyls'.
Sometimes quickly, sometimes slowly, but eventually I find out.
So don't point fingers for the tidbits I laid out here tonight.
I guess I won't get those FREE tee shirts Josh promised me...sigh, oh well.
The point is this, this is all going to come to a nasty head eventually... So just stand back and watch the show and say a prayer for Mr. Bob.
TR - Out!