And Bob scolded the rest of as just fans, and he knows how to run his business and we don't."
Folks that's Daves quote from a previous post that got me thinking about a few of things. I'll list them for you to "ponder" than scoot out of here and wait for the dust to settle.
1. Posters are looking for almost anyone to blame for the demise of GBR, fingers and tongues keep pointing to one
Mr. Mike Marvin & Mr. Josh Reynolds. Some even blame Bob Shane. Please take the following into consideration as only "theory". My "out of the box" theory, is mixed with actual fact as well.
2. When Bobby Haworth got the axe, he was blindsided by Bill Zorn & George Grove, who brought in Rick D.
the out of work Limeliter. Haworth, was completely blindsided by this move, as both Zorn & Grove went to Bob behind Bobbys back to get him out of the TRIO. How do I know this? I know because I was told this. Bad shit happens to good people.
3. Now, a comment was made on the "St Petersburg" thread about "RAP" & "HIP HOP" music. I don't know or care who made the remark, it's irrelevant. But recall the "retooled" Limeliters with Bill & Rick doing some ridiculous "folk hip hop" thing...dumb! Poor Lou would roll over in is grave either laughing of pleading... S T O P and have some Madera boys.
4. So, now you have a behind the scenes Arizona "puppet master" (ZORN) feeding Bob all kinds of crap to get Rick into the band. Say what you will about his skills vocally, and musically, but at each show I looked at Ricks face and it reminded me of someone who was terribly constipated!! Great operatic voice maybe, but "painfully expressionless".
Don't kill the messenger.
5. I respect & love George Grove, 41 years of TRIO love. WOW! But if he helped sell Haworth down the river...bad juju will come back to bite you man. Did he give Bobby H. any notice or advice of what was coming? Don't think so.
6. Same for Bill, talented beyond words. However, living so close to Bob, who now has "good days and bad days", who knows what's (what was) being said to the man? Bob Shane is a "brother" to me. He should be left out of all this mess. If he made a bad call, "OH WELL"!! That's just the way the bounced that day. He's getting old folks. You don't know what it's like in his brain. And I say that with respect to all those with Dementia & other debilitating memory diseases.
Who the fu$k knows what went down KINGSTON LANE. Better, who cares.
7. There's a new sheriff in town folks, like it or NOT.. it's Mike, Tim & Josh...and, like Bob told me one night, he plans to live to be 100!!! Hope to GOD he makes it. Hope I make it to tomorrow!
And, when TMJ get to San Antonio in November, I'll be there to support what is "THE KINGSTON TRIO"!
Hell, I let Mike play the D28 Shane gave me if he wants to!
8. Last thought... anybody wonder if there was this much vitriol when Johnny Stewart joined the band? I think NOT!
« Back to index