Carlos Ignacio Sabelli
C/ Gral Ricardo Ortega 5, 7ª # D
07006, Palma de Mallorca
Balearic Islands, Spain
Mobile telephone nª: +34- 616777267
· Primary and secondary school, University: Oceanic Technician
Other certificates / courses
· 1979 Recreational scuba diver, certificate nª B2-16593507,
· 1986 Steerman´s course of sailing yachts,
· 1988-1989 Captain´s course for sailing yachts (sucessfully passed: 13 July 1989), certificated nª N6-16593507, issued by the Argentinean Naval Prefecture,
· March 2001 Advanced open water diver (SSI), certfificate nª S057010238A, specialized in deep water diving, underwater navigation, equipment knowledge and boat diving. Possession of own diving equipment.
· March 2001 Authorization of the Captaincy in Barcelona as recreational boat´s captain,
· May 2001 authorization of the Captaincy in Barcelona as yacht´s captain.
· March 2003 STCW 95 all courses: crowd management P/ship, English for seafarers, Personal Safety and Social R., Personal survival techniques, Fire prevention ahd fire fighting, Basic first aids.
Professional Marine Experience:
April 9, 2003 Targa 48 feet LOA
· delivery from Port Cala D´Or (Mallorca) to Port La Napoule (France)
· Reference: Mr. Ray Harte (Captain) tel: +34-609774700.
March 25, 2003 Sunseeker 34 feet LOA
· delivery from Port Andratx (Mallorca) to Port Ginesta (Barcelona)
· Reference: Mr. Jeff Churchill (Captain) tel: +34-626753711.
July - September 2002 Perini Navi 142 feet LOA
· deckhand - cruise from Viareggio (Italy) to Ibiza, Formentera y Mallorca (Spain)
· References: Mr. Guillermo Sagardosky (Captain) tel: +34-630456996 or
· Mr. Leandro Mora (engeneer) tel: +34-699048030.
January 2001 Jeanneau 47 feet
· Delivery from Barcelona to Gibraltar as first officer.
1999-2000 Professional high altitude fishing guide in Argentina.
1989-2001 Navigation on the South Atlantic as crew member, first officer, mate and captain of various boats:
· J-24, Frers 37, Volker 27, Victory 40, F&C 44, F&C 40/12, design in off 73 feet, as well in diferent motor boats.
· Preventive maintenance in decks or engines in the Nautical Club in Mar del Plata.
· I also made many dives in Brazil, France and Spain in this period.
1980-1986 Diving instructor (regular diving courses in Mar del Plata, Argentina).
· Shore and boats dives.
· Investigation works for universities, state and private institutes.
· Hiperbaric tests for the Argentinean Navy.
· Bathymetric replacements in Punta Ballena, Uruguay.
· Underwater filmings of whales in Patagonia (Argentina), with the staff of The Cousteau Society (France).
VISIT CRUISER LOG - yacht positions, cruising narratives, free crewfinder, cruising FAQ's, marine radio nets, chat, classifieds, books, forum, messageboard, sailing news, the Cape of Good Hope cruising route, links, etc.